Data Engineer Controlling & BI (m/f/d)
windeln.de SE is one of the leading online retailers for baby, toddler and children products in Europe and for customers in China. We focus on the needs of young families and supply products which our customers can order comfortably online. The broad product portfolio includes everything from diapers, baby food, children’s furniture, toys, clothes and strollers to child car seats and furniture. As a stock-listed company, we are present in six European countries as well as in China and are constantly expanding our business in existing markets.
Business Intelligence and data are your missions? You like to connect data from our partners with our data warehouse? You are open minded and eager to learn about the latest trends in the Business Intelligence environment? Quality and reliability are not just tasks, but your passion? If you can answer those questions with yes, then you are the right person to enrich our Controlling & Business Intelligence department with your experience. We are looking forward to having exactly you as colleague!
- With our team, you are shaping, designing and optimizing our BI and data-architecture
- You will be responsible to bring in data from different sources using Talend data Integration tool
- As a central task you will integrate the extracted data into our central Exasol data warehouse and provide data to our stakeholders
- You support the stakeholders taking business decisions by ensuring data availability and data quality
- You assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- You are examining and evaluating new developments in the field of data-technologies
- Proactive alignment with our stakeholders and BI Analysts on roadmap topics and technical solutions
- Manage international cross department projects regarding data analysis
- As a minor task, you will support stakeholders with Tableau reports
- Successfully completed training or studies in the field of Business Informatics, Computer Science / Engineering or comparable educational background
- You have gathered at least two years of experience with databases or BI environments
- Experience in working with different types of database technologies (Exasol, Pl/Sql, Oracle, Postgres)
- Experience in working with different ETL tools preferably Talend data Integration
- You have either worked or you are willing to work with BI tools like Tableau and create your own reports
- You are able to manage your projects on your own and do not hesitate to involve the relevant stakeholders
- You are ideally familiar with agile project-processes (Kanban) and you bring along some knowledge in Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Fascination and basic understanding of ecommerce, retail or Finance will be a benefit
- Independent, proactive work style and agile mindset
SYNERGISM: Celebrate flat hierarchies, collective intelligence and team events, because we believe together everyone achieves more.
MASTERY: Accelerate personal career development and grow your impact through exciting and rewarding tasks.
COACHING: Benefit from LinkedIn-Learning subscriptions practised on your cutting-edge tech equipment.
WELLBEING: Benefit from private medical insurance, meal vouchers and - of course - unlimited contracts & flex working.
PATCHWORK: Grow the windeln-family and refer a talented friend – you will be rewarded.